As per the Abu Dhabi school inspection (the Irtiqa'a initiative) conducted by the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) in the 2014-2015 academic year, AIS was rated a BAND A school. Band A schools as per ADEC ratings are high performance schools.
ADEC Inspection Summary 2015
These points are taken directly from the ADEC Inspection report:
- high achievement in external examinations by students in Grades 10 to 12
- students’ well‐developed skills in English and Arabic
- very positive ethos and well‐developed pastoral care supporting students’ high quality personal skills
- strong classroom relationships supported by a range of highly effective behavior management strategies
- clear vision for the curriculum, and core subjects that have a well‐ structured framework
- successful inclusion of students with special educational needs
- well‐focused and supportive leadership teams who, together with teachers, students and parents, embrace the school’s vision
- commitment and drive towards continuous improvement and high student standards
The full report can be seen by clicking on the school link on the ADEC website: AIS Inspection Report
Accreditation is a voluntary method of quality assurance granted to educational institutions upon successful completion of a lengthy evaluation process, including a self-study and an on-site evaluation by a team of experienced educators. Earning accreditation means that the AIS instructors, tools, services and staff meet or exceed essential standards of educational quality. As part of an accreditation cycle, AIS is required to submit interim reports and engage in a continuous improvement process that enhances student performance.
- Commissions on International and Trans-Regional Accreditation (CITA) – currently AdvancED
- American International Accreditation Association (AIAA)