- Print and complete the Student Application Form
- Print the Student Recommendation Form for Entering KGII–Grade 2 or the Student Recommendation Form for Entering Grades 3–11. Carefully read the form and complete the relevant sections before submitting it to your child’s current school to be completed. The form must be completed and signed by the respondent, signed and stamped by the principal, and submitted to Abu Dhabi International School in an officially sealed envelope.
- Take an appointment for an interview with the Admissions Committee by calling our admissions line 056-6640627 between 8:00am – 2:00pm (Sunday to Thursday) and 8:30 am – 12:30 pm (Saturday). You must bring the applicant(s) with you to the interview.
- Submit all the following required documents to the Registrar for revision and approval:Applicants must obtain clearance from the AIS school clinic to ensure that the applicant does not have a medical case that cannot be accommodated by the school.
- Completed Student Application Form
- Copy of the applicant’s passport information page
- Copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- Copy of the applicant’s valid Emirates ID (if already living in UAE, otherwise submit at the time of enrollment)
- Student Recommendation Form in an officially sealed envelope
- Student’s school report cards for the last year and any progress reports (first or second term school report) for the current academic year. This is required of all applicants including those applying for KG1 and KG2 if they are currently enrolled in preschool or nursery school.Applicants
- Applicant must obtain clearance from the AIS school clinc to ensure that the applicant does not have a medical case that cannot be accommodated by the school.
- For applicants outside the UAE, please scan and submit all the completed Student Application Form and all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you are kindly requested to state in the email the dates you will be in the UAE to schedule for an interview. You will be contacted by the Admissions Office.
When Stage 1 is completed successfully, applicants are given a username and password to complete the Online Application on the school portal (www.aisschools.com).
- Submit a complete Online Application. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
- Upload all Required Documents. (See Required Documents page for more information.)
- Once the completed Online Application is verified by the Admissions Office, applicants to Grades 1-11 will be scheduled for a placement test, and KG1 and KG2 applicants will scheduled for an orientation session.
- Based on the results of the admission process, a formal letter of acceptance will be emailed to the parents of the applicant.
- Applicants and parents may be invited to meet with an Admissions Committee member to discuss student placement test results and any required remediation process that would support the student’s progress to the required grade level.
- Only for identified cases in which the applicant may require special education services, the applicant and the parents must meet the special education specialists for further assessments and to discuss the special education services required. It is a requirement that the school is provided with any academic, psychological or medical assessments that are essential to the application process, including Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), Academic Program Accommodations, Behavior Modification Plans, Psychological/Educational Evaluations. Not submitting these documents at the time of the application may result in the withdrawal of the student’s application.
After completing the application process successfully, applicants must register by the deadline stated in the letter of acceptance. Applicants who do not meet the deadline will not be considered for registration.
To complete your child’s registration at AIS, please make sure you complete the following steps:
1. Submit a non-refundable registration fee of AED 1,500: this payment must be paid in cash to the Accounts Department, and deducted from the tuition fee.
2. Submit the following required documents to the Admissions Office. All documents must be in English or Arabic. Report Cards and Birth Certificates that are written in another language must be officially translated to English or Arabic (not by parent). All copies must be clearly printed on an A4 sized paper.
- Original valid Emirates ID Cards of the applicant, father and mother: to be scanned in the Abu Dhabi Educational Council’s School Information System (eSIS)
- Two Recent Passport-Sized Photos of the Applicant: Full-face view directly facing the camera in front of a white or off-white background
- Copy of the Applicant’s Vaccination Record: Make sure student’s name is visible
- Copy of Sponsoring Parent’s Passport Information Page
- Copy of Sponsoring Parent’s UAE Residence Visa: if already living in UAE, otherwise submit at the time of enrollment
- Copy of the water and electricity bill: for Premises ID
- A CD that includes a scanned copy of the applicant’s Emirates ID (both sides) and 1 passport-sized photo of the applicant (in JPEG format).
Applicants accepted at AIS from outside the UAE must submit all of the abovementioned documents, together with the following, by the last week of August in order to complete their enrollment at AIS:
- Original End-of-Year School Report Card with an Official School Stamp and Signature
- Original Transfer/Leaving Certificate
- If the transfer certificate or report card is issued in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or a Western European country, legal attestation is NOT required.
- If the transfer certificate or report card is issued in a GCC country, the original transfer certificate should be attested from the Ministry of Education in the issuing country.
- If the transfer certificate or report card is issued in a country other than the abovementioned, the original transfer certificate must be finally attested from the UAE Embassy in the issuing country. If there is no UAE embassy in the issuing country, the document must be attested by the issuing country’s embassy in the UAE and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE.
3. If you wish to register your child in the Bus Transportation services, complete the bus transportation registration with the Bus Supervisor and a payment of AED 500 to the Accounts Department. (See Bus Transportation Registration page for more information.)