Applying for 2020/2021
Thank you for your interest in Abu Dhabi International Pvt School.
- Admission for the academic year 2020-2021 is open for MBZ City Campus only. In MBZ City Campus, the American curriculum is offered from Kindergarten to Grade 12. In Grade 11 and 12, students are offered alternative pathways through the regular High School Diploma, Advanced Placement (AP), or the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
- Admission is open to all students of all nationalities who meet the school’s entrance requirements.
- Admission is open for KG-Grade 11. Applications to Grades 12 are not accepted.
- Applicants must meet the age requirements for KG, Prep and Grade 1. By September 1, the age of students applying to KG must be 3 years and 8 months, those applying to Prep (KG2) must be 4 years and 8 months, and those applying to Grade 1 must be 5 years and 8 months.
- Only complete applications will be processed. An application is considered complete when all the required documents are provided.
We kindly ask you to carefully read the instructions provided in the following sections, and ensure that you complete all the relevant steps and provide all required information in order to ensure that your child’s application will be processed and reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
- Print and complete the Student Application Form. You may also collect the form from the school reception.
- Print the Student Recommendation Form for Entering KGII–Grade 2 or the Student Recommendation Form for Entering Grades 3–11. Carefully read the form and complete the relevant sections before submitting it to your child’s current school to be completed. The form must be completed and signed by the respondent, signed and stamped by the principal, and submitted to Abu Dhabi International School in an officially sealed envelope.
- Take an appointment for an initial interview with the Admissions Committee by calling our admissions line 056-6640627 between 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Sundays till Thursdays and 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM on Saturdays. You must bring the applicant with you to the initial interview. This is not an appointment for the applicant’s placement test.
- Submit all the following required documents to the Registrar on the date of appointment for revision and approval: All documents must be in English or Arabic. Report Cards and Birth Certificates that are written in another language must be officially translated to English or Arabic (not by parent). All copies must be clearly printed on an A4 sized paper.
- Completed Student Application Form
- Student Recommendation Form in an officially sealed envelope
- Two Recent Passport-Sized Photos of the Applicant: Full-face view directly facing the camera in front of a white or off-white background
- Copy of the Applicant’s Passport Information Page and Visa Page
- Copy of the Applicant’s valid Emirates ID Card: if already living in UAE, otherwise submit at the time of enrollment.
- Copy of the Applicant’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of the Applicant’s Vaccination Record: Make sure student’s name is visible
- Copy of Sponsoring Parent’s Passport Information Page and Visa Page
- Copy of Sponsoring Parent’s valid Emirates ID Card: if already living in UAE, otherwise submit at the time of enrollment.
- Copy of the water and electricity bill: for Premises ID
- Copy of Student’s school report cards for the last year and latest progress reports for the current academic year. This is required of all applicants including those applying for KG1 and Prep if they are currently enrolled in preschool or nursery school.
- A registration fee of AED 500 must be paid in cash to the Accounts Department, and is deducted from the tuition fee. This amount will be refunded only if the school does not accept the child’s registration. For a refund, the original receipt must be submitted within one month from the date of receipt.
- Applicant must obtain clearance from the AIS school clinic to ensure that the applicant does not have a medical case that cannot be accommodated by the school.
- For applicants outside the UAE, scan and submit all the completed Student Application Form and all required documents to email@example.com. In addition, you are kindly requested to state in the email the dates you will be in the UAE to schedule for an interview. You will be contacted by the Admissions Office.
- Once the completed application is verified by the Admissions Office, applicants to Grades 1-9 will be scheduled for a placement test in English and Maths , Grade 10-11 in English, Maths and Sciences. KG1 and Prep applicants will scheduled for an orientation session.
- The results of the admission process will be emailed to the parents of the applicant.
- For cases in which the applicant may require special education services, the applicant and the parents must meet the special education specialists for further assessments and to discuss the special education services required. It is a requirement that parents provide the school with any academic, psychological or medical assessments that are essential to the application process, including Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), Academic Program Accommodations, Behavior Modification Plans, Psychological/Educational Evaluations. Not submitting these documents at the time of the application may result in the withdrawal of the student’s application.