Mission & Vision
AIS strives towards leading an effective professional learning community, to provide a high quality education that prepares students to be responsible citizens. We honor quality and enable students to perform at their highest level of ability. We are committed to empowering our students to think critically, communicate effectively, and live innovatively to enrich their lives.
Our approach is based on valuing all stakeholders; including our staff, our parents and our students. Through communication we are able to adapt and grow as a community and constantly explore new methods of improving the learning process. In partnership with families and the community, our goal is to create relevant learning opportunities for students that help them develop the knowledge, critical thinking skills, and character necessary to succeed.
To prepare global citizens who will lead for positive change.
“The 2 years I spent in AIS introduced me to a lot of diverse cultures as I was never exposed to people from different backgrounds back in Syria. This helped me build on my character and accept people for who they truly are. I really do owe AIS a lot, not just in terms of a sincere education but also in making me a better global citizen.”
– Khaled Kekhia, IBDP Class of 2015
To support all students in attaining their full potential in personal development and active citizenship by providing the foundation for lifelong learning through quality education.
Our school community is driven by its core values:
- Global Citizenship: Students learn to celebrate diversity and become active citizens of the world by exercising tolerance, empathy, and sustainability.
- Personal Development: Students develop the knowledge, understanding, and skills that prepare them for success and the realization of happiness as a result.
- Active Citizenship: Students learn to become exemplary citizens in their local, global and digital communities by exercising tolerance, empathy, and sustainability.
- Lifelong Learning: Students learn to deliberate, reflect, and voluntarily act in the ongoing pursuit of learning and growth.
- Leading for Positive Change: Ultimately, learners draw on their understanding, skills, and attributes to make a positive impact on their communities and contribute a positive change to the world.