- Print and complete the Student Application Form. You may also collect the form from the school reception.
- Print the Student Recommendation Form for Entering KGII–Grade 2 or the Student Recommendation Form for Entering Grades 3–11. Carefully read the form and complete the relevant sections before submitting it to your child’s current school to be completed. The form must be completed and signed by the respondent, signed and stamped by the principal, and submitted to Abu Dhabi International School in an officially sealed envelope.
- Submit all the following required documents to the Registrar on the date of appointment for revision and approval: All documents must be in English or Arabic. Report Cards and Birth Certificates that are written in another language must be officially translated to English or Arabic (not by parent). All copies must be clearly printed on an A4 sized paper.
- Completed Student Application Form
- Completed Student Recommendation Form
- Two Recent Passport-Sized Photos of the Applicant: Full-face view directly facing the camera in front of a white or off-white background
- Copy of the Applicant’s Passport Information Page and Visa Page
- Copy of the Applicant’s valid Emirates ID Card: if already living in UAE, otherwise submit at the time of enrollment.
- Copy of the Applicant’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of the Applicant’s Vaccination Record: Make sure student’s name is visible
- Copy of Sponsoring Parent’s Passport Information Page and Visa Page
- Copy of Sponsoring Parent’s valid Emirates ID Card: if already living in UAE, otherwise submit at the time of enrollment.
- Copy of the water and electricity bill: for Premises ID
- Student Recommendation Form in an officially sealed envelope
- Copy of Student’s school report cards for the last year and any progress reports (first or second term school report) for the current academic year. This is required of all applicants including those applying for KG1 and Prep if they are currently enrolled in preschool or nursery school.
Special Education Services
It is a requirement that parents provide the school with any academic, psychological or medical assessments that are essential to the application process, including Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), Academic Program Accommodations, Behavior Modification Plans, Psychological/Educational Evaluations. Not submitting these documents at the time of the application may result in the withdrawal of the student’s application.
- Submit the following required documents to the Admissions Office.
- Original valid Emirates ID Cards of the applicant, father and mother: to be scanned in the Abu Dhabi Educational Council’s School Information System (eSIS).
- Copy of the Applicant’s UAE Residence Visa: if not submitted, at the time of enrollment.
- Copy of the Applicant’s valid Emirates ID Card: if not submitted, at the time of enrollment.
- Original valid Emirates ID Cards of the applicant: these will be reviewed and returned immediately, if already residing in the UAE.
- Letter of enrollment from the present school Prep–Grade 11 admissions.
- An admission fee payment of AED 1000; this payment must be paid in cash to the Accounts Department, and is deducted from the tuition fee.This amount is non-refundable.
- Applicants accepted at AIS from outside the UAE must submit all of the abovementioned documents, together with the following, by the last week of August in order to complete their enrollment at AIS:
- Original End-of-Year School Report Card with an Official School Stamp and Signature
- Original Transfer/Leaving Certificate with an Official School Stamp and Signature
- If the transfer certificate or report card is issued in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or a Western European country, legal attestation is NOT required.
- If the transfer certificate or report card is issued in a GCC country, the original transfer certificate should be attested from the Ministry of Education in the issuing country.
- If the transfer certificate or report card is issued in a country other than (a) and (b), the original transfer certificate must be finally attested from the UAE Embassy in the issuing country. If there is no UAE embassy in the issuing country, the document must be attested by the issuing country’s embassy in the UAE and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE.