School Bus Transportation
Parents who choose to have their child commute by bus should register their child in the bus transportation services.
- Print and complete the Bus Transportation Application Form. You may also collect the form from the Bus Supervisor. Submit the completed form to the Bus Supervisor at the time of your child’s registration at AIS.
- A bus registration fee of AED 500 must be paid to the Accounts Department. This amount will be deducted from the bus fees. This amount is non-refundable.
- Bus transportation applications are processed on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Only two-way bus services are provided–home to school and school to home.
- Bus services for PS, KG & Prep students are separate from those for Grades 1–12 students for afternoon trips.
- In certain circumstances in which an insufficient number of students are registered on a bus route, PS, KG & Prep students will be given the option to use the Grades 1–12 buses in the morning and afternoon.
- The bus service is provided only to certain bus stop locations.
- The school may provide bus services to other areas; in this case, additional transportation fees may be incurred.
- The school may decline a Bus Transportation Application in case the student resides in an area that lies outside the scheduled school bus trip routes.
- Areas covered by School Bus
- The areas covered by the school bus services are: Abu Dhabi Island, Reem Island, Al Raha, Al Reef, Al Zeina, Al Bandar, Abu Dhabi Gate City, Khalifa Park, Khalifa City ( A & B), Sas Al Nakheel, Saadiyat Island, Yas Island, Shamkha, Baniyas, Mafraq, Shawamakh, Mohammed Bin Zayed City, Musaffah, Shabiya.
- The school may provide bus services to other areas on demand. Please contact Bus Supervisor for more information. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deadline Dates
- Enrollment in Bus Transportation Services for new admissions: May 17, 2020
- Change in residential address: May 30, 2020
- Bus service cancellation: June 30, 2020
- Please communicate cancellations or any changes to your residential address or bus stop locations to the Bus Supervisor in writing or by email;
Bus Transportation Fees
- The annual bus transportation fee is AED 4500.
- Bus service enrollment is for the whole academic year, and parents who choose to have their child commute by bus will be charged bus fees for a full academic year.
- Bus transportation fees are charged for two-way transportation.
- Cancellations should be made before June 30, 2020 ; otherwise, the bus transportation fees will still be charged for the whole year.